D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Classifieds > Cars for sale

Old 08-17-2020, 03:59 AM

Vehicle: 1982 245
Default 1982 Manual 245 For sale

With a new baby on the way I have been forced to accept that I will never be able to bring my diesel volvo back to life. I would rather see this car find a good home than end up in a crusher or something similar. I'm looking to get $1500 obo or trades for it. I have a 1982 245 with a b21 kjet that Im keeping and would happily trade for parts for it. This car was featured on jalopnic years ago also. The link is below.

https://jalopnik.com/for-1-495-this-...-ve-1742753701

Backstory:

Car was originally sold in Virginia and then made its way out to California for several years. It eventually made its way back to the east coast. At some point it received an m46 swap and a biodiesel kit. The story that I heard then is this car was used as a drug mule. With the massive bio tank it was able to drive from mexico to new york without stopping to refuel. It does have slots cut in the floor also to stash stuff. The car then went to Kentucky and sat for years before ending up in my yard in Indiana.

Specs:

1982 Volvo 245 with an NA d24 and m46 trans.
Odomoeter stopped at 260xxx miles. No idea where it really is.
Currently car has no gas tank as i stole it for my gasser... sorry.
It will fire off starting fluid but thats as far as I have gone towards starting it.
I replaced the head gasket and both timing belt. (I bought and used all the expensive tools to do this and bought greenbooks and read this forum. Don't worry, I did it right, i think...hopefully)
Car was driving back before it was parked in Kentucky and should again once the IP is primed. If i find time i'll strap a temporary tank to it.
Car is pretty crusty and has rust but is solid. Will come stuffed with spare parts and the diesel specific tools.
Title got lost in all the shuffle... I THINK I can get one in Indiana though as it never had an Indiana title.

New Parts:
Battery
Alternator
Starter
Head Gasket
Head bolts
Both timing belts
All V belts
U joints
Engine oil changed to Mobile 5w-30
Rear end oil changed out to redline
Hatch seal
Tires

I stripped out the biodiesel setup and replaced all applicable hoses and wiring that it required.

Let me know if there are any questions! My cell number is 812-212-5619. Call or text!

I will get current pics but the jalopnik pics are very close to accurate.
Old 08-17-2020, 06:57 AM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764

Sorry to hear you are passing it along but it sounds like you have done some good work with it. Quite the story with the car's history and fame on the internet.

This sounds like a good deal for the right person looking for a project. If it's a complete set of diesel special tools with the car, those are worth your asking price alone, especially if you have some greenbooks and spares going with it too. Do you have any pictures of the additional stuff that is included? That will probably help your sale.

One tip: definitely don't want to run it on starting fluid -- even if it's just for a second, to prove to a potential buyer that the engine runs, etc. It can be very tempting to give it a whiff for various reasons, but it is best to resist.

Hope it goes to someone who will keep it rolling and continue to participate on the forum. Good luck with the sale.