D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Technical Discussion Area > Diesel Engine and Drivetrain

Old 04-02-2022, 12:14 AM

Default coolant leak from top hose engine mount ,

hi all
i have a slight coolant leak from top hose engine mount, is this common on these cars being there age and milage now?
there is no leaks when engine is hot but after last nights frost there is coolant leaking running down and along the head gasket its a tiny amount at the moment
if it is the the fitting is just bolted on to the cylinder head with 2 allen key bolts
do you recommend a set way of going about this or using a sealant joining compound
regards jim
Old 04-02-2022, 08:35 AM

Default update coolant leak

hi all
i been driving the car today various trips so engine been hot and cool but no frost here sunny but cool , there has been no coolant leak at all everything has been dry , so im swayed to think its the joint at top hose mounting block , i don't know if the gasket is still available yet ,plus the 2 bolts that hold the hose mounting have never been off the car , do i attempt to undo these when the engine is hot ,cool, or cold ? and is there a preferred way of getting the 2 bolts off without damage do i order 2 new bolts if i can get them?
regards jim
Old 04-02-2022, 10:57 AM
Supporting Member

Are you talking about the upper radiator hose flange there between #1 and #2 injectors?
Old 04-04-2022, 10:19 AM

Default coolant leak update

hi all
it seems i had 2 very slight coolant leaks ,these only showed up when the engine was very cold ground frost the 1st was at the top hose at injectors 1 and 2 i tightened the jubilee clip , the second was at the bottom of the thermostat housing at the mating surfaces , i drained coolant , removed the housing
and cleaned the mating surface and applied a small amount of HYLOMAR sealant
every thing at the moment is dry so i will monitor the situation
regards jim,