D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Classifieds > Parts for sale

Old 11-02-2020, 04:12 PM

Vehicle: D24 in a 924
Default 3 D24/T in SoCal/AZ

I'm in AZ, the engines are in Southern CA, but there are three of them still in the cars. (I might take one as a spare for the RacePorsche)

Reportedly in running condition, 2 D24Ts, one D24. At least one stick and one auto. Short timeframe.

$500 each (you're not paying me, you're paying the guy who will pull them). Otherwise they are likely crusher bound.

I think the forum emails me when you pm me or respond here.
Old 11-02-2020, 08:29 PM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764

Interesting. Any more info about the engines like mileage, history, how well they start/run etc? Been sitting a long time sounds like?

$500 for just engine or does that come with a transmission attached? Complete with accessories, manifolds, turbo, etc?

If they're still in cars, are other helpful parts from those cars also available, like 240 radiator, 740 battery trays, battery cables, etc?

Short timeframe, how short is short? Couple days or a couple weeks? Been putting off a trip to Victorville, shouldn't consider this but never hurts to ask the questions.
Old 11-02-2020, 09:25 PM

Vehicle: D24 in a 924

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8volvo View Post
Interesting. Any more info about the engines like mileage, history, how well they start/run etc? Been sitting a long time sounds like?

$500 for just engine or does that come with a transmission attached? Complete with accessories, manifolds, turbo, etc?

If they're still in cars, are other helpful parts from those cars also available, like 240 radiator, 740 battery trays, battery cables, etc?

Short timeframe, how short is short? Couple days or a couple weeks? Been putting off a trip to Victorville, shouldn't consider this but never hurts to ask the questions.
I'd guess you'd have to make a decision and pay no later than the end of the week, but they can laze around the shop for a while until pickup. I would expect all accessories, and based on the one I pulled earlier this year it'll be easier to pull the whole assembly and then pull the trans off. So if someone wanted the trans it would actually be less work to get the trans too.

I'm sure other salvage bits are available, just don't know what's left on the cars. I haven't seen them in person, but I'd guess anything that is still there that needs to come out to pull the engine is probably an easy buy (as in maybe included. I haven't asked about that because my usage is well outside what a normal Volvo owner would want).