D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Forum Info > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2020, 04:58 AM

Vehicle: 1982 245
Talking 1982 245 back to life

Hi all,

I recently picked up this beautiful burned out 245 that was featured in Jalopnik in 2015. I havent even started it yet and I'm already in love with it. Here's the link: https://jalopnik.com/for-1-495-this-...-ve-1742753701

The car has sat since that time and is really showing its age. All i have had a chance to do so far is strip out the old biodiesel setup. The engine in the car is supposed to have bad rings which I believe as it has 265k on the clock, but luckily it came with another engine that is supposed to be better.

My plan for this guy is to get the current engine running and use it to gain some d24 experience. I then plan to swap in the other engine and rebuild the original engine so I can make this vehicle a long term daily. I love the idea of a diesel, manual trans station wagon.

I love the worn exterior look and will be leaving that be aside from some coating some rust spots. The interior is shot though. If any of you know where to find a decent cheap interior around Indiana please let me know!