D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Forum Info > Forum News / Comments and Suggestions

Old 07-25-2023, 07:13 AM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764
Default SPAM PM's in your inbox? Delete and report them!

Hello all,

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer.

I have become aware that some users (including myself) have received Private Messages from spammers on the forum. They must have discovered this new loophole recently.

These are spammers who have been stopped from completing their registration process either by our email verifications or our manual final approval process, so they are unable to post threads on the public forum. However, they are able to send private messages to individual users. Since they can only send one PM at a time (due to limits that are set), this is a labor-intensive process for them. But they apparently are willing to try anyway.

Watch out for these messages.

IF YOU RECEIVE A SPAM MESSAGE IN YOUR PM INBOX: DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINK IN THE MESSAGE AND DO NOT REPLY TO THE SENDER.

Instead please ignore and delete the message, and please contact me or another moderator to report the message and the username it came from.

I believe I have deleted and banned all the users that have sent messages so far, but I expect there will be more.

Sorry about this -- there's no way apparently to fully disable users who are not fully registered from sending PMs, or at least I have not found it yet. In the meantime just be cautious with any message that is not about diesel Volvos or related topics.
Old 07-29-2023, 05:51 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: 1985 Volvo 740 GLE turbo diesel

Thanks v8volvo!

1985 Volvo 740 GLE turbo diesel