D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Classifieds > Items Wanted

Old 10-19-2022, 10:58 PM

Vehicle: D24T in an Audi 5000cs wagon
Cool head stud set needed

I acquired a D24T for a decent price put it in an Audi 5000cs wagon. I did a rebuild on it using new stock head bolts, but I am looking for a stronger set like apr. I don't want to buy 2 sets and have 6 bolts left over. Just wondering if anyone here has a set or extra bolts I could use to make my own full set. Thanks in advance!
Old 10-20-2022, 11:03 AM
Supporting Member

Forum member anders sells D24T ARP stud kits.
https://d24t.com/showthread.php?t=1646
Old 10-21-2022, 07:47 AM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764

Quote:
Originally Posted by losedi View Post
I acquired a D24T for a decent price put it in an Audi 5000cs wagon. I did a rebuild on it using new stock head bolts, but I am looking for a stronger set like apr. I don't want to buy 2 sets and have 6 bolts left over. Just wondering if anyone here has a set or extra bolts I could use to make my own full set. Thanks in advance!
Cool to hear of yet another interesting swap using a D24T. I believe we now have everything from Land Rovers to Porsche 924's to old Jeeps to domestic pickup trucks on the forum here having had these installed. Not to mention the variety of factory installations of course (Pinz, LT, Volvo). AND, someone recently informed me that Southwestern Bell used to use a D24 mounted vertically to power remote generator stations. No end to the possibilities for the D24 family!

Any photos of how it all worked out in the Type 44 and what you had to do to fit the inline six in the bay? From the little bit that I am aware of, even the factory inline five is a tight fit in the front end of the car. Did you need to modify core support or hood latch etc? Or shift the drivetrain back somehow? Would be fun to see a build thread or video if you have one. Welcome to the board!

I am working on a 2.5L V6 TDI installation into my 2001 Audi Allroad so that will kind of be a more modern incarnation of your same vehicle.
Old 10-25-2022, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8volvo View Post
Cool to hear of yet another interesting swap using a D24T. I believe we now have everything from Land Rovers to Porsche 924's to old Jeeps to domestic pickup trucks on the forum here having had these installed. Not to mention the variety of factory installations of course (Pinz, LT, Volvo). AND, someone recently informed me that Southwestern Bell used to use a D24 mounted vertically to power remote generator stations. No end to the possibilities for the D24 family!

Any photos of how it all worked out in the Type 44 and what you had to do to fit the inline six in the bay? From the little bit that I am aware of, even the factory inline five is a tight fit in the front end of the car. Did you need to modify core support or hood latch etc? Or shift the drivetrain back somehow? Would be fun to see a build thread or video if you have one. Welcome to the board!

I am working on a 2.5L V6 TDI installation into my 2001 Audi Allroad so that will kind of be a more modern incarnation of your same vehicle.
I tried to add pictures but the limit for size was too small for what I had taken. I have to make them smaller and try to add them again for you guys. I didn't have to move the drivetrain back any but did have to cut a notch out of the core support between the hood lathead. then added a single motor mount and support bar tothe front of the engine and car to support the weight since I used the VW mount holes in the back portion of the engine. So far I have everything working including the stock tach and gauges.

Last edited by losedi; 10-25-2022 at 09:00 AM. Reason: added text
Old 10-25-2022, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngoma View Post
Forum member anders sells D24T ARP stud kits.
https://d24t.com/showthread.php?t=1646
I tried several times to contact him through DM with no luck. Is there a better way?
Old 10-26-2022, 09:15 AM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764

Quote:
I tried several times to contact him through DM with no luck. Is there a better way?
He may be only visiting here occasionally. If he doesn't get back to you shortly, send me a PM and I will forward you his email address and phone number which may be a faster way to get hold of him.

For what it's worth, I know ARP hardware has been very difficult to obtain in the last couple of years so Anders might not have any in stock. Tom Bryant recently wrote on the old D24 email list about his experience attempting to order a set of ARP studs for a D24T engine that he just received this month (Oct 2022) after ordering and paying for them sometime in late 2021.

But maybe they have fixed the supply issues now. Anders would know.

Worst case, you can always call ARP and order their kit for the 4-cylinder VW diesel engines and then have them sell you a few extra "a la carte" pieces (4x each of the stud, nut, and washer plus a little more of their fancy grease) to get enough hardware to do the D24T engine that needs 14 fasteners rather than 10.

Quote:
I tried to add pictures but the limit for size was too small for what I had taken. I have to make them smaller and try to add them again for you guys. I didn't have to move the drivetrain back any but did have to cut a notch out of the core support between the hood lathead. then added a single motor mount and support bar tothe front of the engine and car to support the weight since I used the VW mount holes in the back portion of the engine. So far I have everything working including the stock tach and gauges.
Speaking for myself, I would love to see more of the details. 80s Audis and 80s Volvos are about equal favorites of mine. How about a video for youtube? Maybe easier than posting a bunch of photos?

You should be able to upload them here also if they are not too large.