D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Technical Discussion Area > Diesel Engine and Drivetrain

Old 01-12-2023, 01:17 PM

Vehicle: D24tic
Default D24TIC camshaft

Hello everyone, last summer I purchased a D24TIC with EGR and hydraulic lifters from a 1994 Volvo 940 to swap my Lt engine, I dismantled all and brought it to rectify cylinders resurface head, valves etc and the guy told me my camshaft 9135932 was bended and could not do anything with it, now it's like 6 months that I'm trying to find a replace part which seems was builded by ajusa but now is out of production, and i find myself with this engine block all painted, with new pistons Conrods (5o them were marked 93 and one was marked 84 and 2mm longer) but without a camshaft, do you think I can put a cam from another d24? Should I change cylinder head from a mechanic one? Can i eventually put a head from a CP engine which is the one I already have in my van?
Old 01-13-2023, 06:40 PM
Supporting Member

First I would want to know what bent the camshaft? Could point to other more serious problems. Did the pistons collide with the valves? (Can you see valve impressions on the tops of the pistons?)
Old 01-16-2023, 09:21 AM

Vehicle: D24tic

Don't know, cylinder head is ok, valves same, the laboratory where I brought all the engine parts told me the camshaft was bended, do you think a mechanical lifters camshaft will work?