D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Forum Info > New Member Introductions

Old 08-06-2023, 11:35 PM

Default 240 d6

I apologize for the delay... I signed up many years ago but then for various reasons I never returned. So now, with an unforgivable delay, I introduce myself.
I have been the owner since 1990 of a 1986 model 240 GLE D6 Station Wagon (registered 1985).
I live in Italy, in the Turin area.
For the sake of brevity and not to bore most, I will summarize the fact that this car accompanied me from adolescence to adulthood and is therefore now a member of the family.
Inevitable that a multitude of memories of all the trips made are linked to her, from the first, in the summer of 1990 to Berlin and then to the extremes of Europe from North Cape, to Portugal, to North Africa...many times in Sweden.
Even today, in spite of fashions, my old faithful accompanies me to work every day and soon she will once again have to endure the excesses of those who start driving. After putting up with my inexperience as a new driver, you'll have to put up with that of my children.
Side note: In all these years I have joined other Volvos to the old faithful Annika, but no Volvo has ever satisfied me like the 240 with the inline 6 diesel!
Old 08-07-2023, 03:27 PM
Supporting Member

Great Introduction! Welcome!

Yes it is true, Volvos have a great reputation as hand-me-downs to the younger members of the family. My daughter drives a 760 D24T handed down from a good friend's mother!