D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Classifieds > Items Wanted

Old 09-29-2019, 06:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to Slobodan
Default In need of D24TIC 940 instrument cluster!!!

I did a D24TIC swap to a Gasser 91 940. My customer would like to get a hold of a 91 940 D24TIC instrument cluster.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to Slobodan

willing to trade D24 intake for the instrument cluster!!!!!
Old 10-11-2019, 10:26 AM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764

Hey Slobodan, nice to see you back here, feels like it has been some time. You still driving the yellow 245?

Might be hard to find a complete cluster for the 91+ style dash here in the US, as I am sure you know anything up to 1990 would be able to use parts or a whole cluster from the early style rectangular dash that was in the diesel cars we got here, but we never had diesels with the later trapezoid style dash over here. I remember looking for a late diesel cluster for a swap once though, and had no trouble finding a few on German and UK Ebay. Might be the only option if that's what you want to get unless one of the members here from across the Atlantic is willing to help.

Other options: if you can find just the diesel tach from a late style dash 7/9 cluster, you can swap that into the existing cluster from the '91 converted gas car. Might not be any easier than getting a complete Euro/UK cluster though from any of the sources above.

Or, maybe simplest of all, you can get a tach converter box from Dakota Digital here in the US that will intercept the diesel tach signal from the W terminal on the alternator and convert it to run the gasoline tach already in the car. I tried one of these on a late 960 gas to diesel conversion years ago and it worked great. You do need to fine-tune it a little to get the reading correct but once that is done it's a good and simple solution. Here is the adapter: https://www.dakotadigital.com/index....rod/prd128.htm

Good luck, share some pictures of the converted car if you can, the late gas cars with the improved interior materials and wiring converted to diesel are a nice setup.