D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Classifieds > Cars for sale

Old 05-23-2020, 08:56 AM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764
Default 1983 764 TD, 36,000 miles, southern CA

Not mine, no connection, another repost from the Tbricks orphan thread.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/la...128123422.html

Looks like truly amazing condition. Not even a crack in the dash or any split seams in the top of the rear seatback where it always happens. Must have almost never seen the sun. I bet it's another one from an estate sale where the PO got old and it lived in a garage that it never left for the last 30 years.

Great color combination too, my personal favorite overall. Same as what I have on my '86 wagon, except on that, both the paint and interior have been hammered by longtime use and exposure...

The bumper stickers and add-on spoiler and CHMSL are not great touches but fixable. Still has the correct wheels for the year, which are one of the best on these cars IMO.

I see the rear seatbelt buckles are hidden under the seat so I bet someone had the lower cushion out, looking for access to the fuel pickup to suck out decades-old fuel. They didn't know it is actually thru the trunk, so might be a sign that other parts of the car have been screwed with by someone with no expertise in the attempt to get it running after a long rest. Sadly seems to be common with "garage find" cars that are encountered by someone who doesn't know anything about them. Same kind of stuff happened with the '84 764 I had for a while (later owned by Anders and now Cole) that I wound up with after the estate sale buyer got in over their head attempting to revive it. But all easy to straighten back out as long as nobody cut or damaged anything.

Assume the timing belt is probably 30+ years old and needs replaced immediately, I would not even start it again until it was done, too scary when they are that ancient. Probably has rotten tires and would need brakes and other fluids looked at too, age-related issues.

Anyway seems to be a great starting point. I am tempted, but it's too far away from me, and I would be scared to try to drive it anywhere, trailer only.
Old 12-10-2020, 08:39 PM

Hi, is this available?
Old 12-11-2020, 11:15 AM
Supporting Member

Who knows? Craigslist ad from last May, how could you even contact them?
Old 12-13-2020, 12:16 PM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764

Actually from everything I can tell it is the same car that was bought by a forum member and then listed again for sale here: https://d24t.com/showthread.php?t=2103

But RSmith looks like you have posted in that thread as well.

Suggestion: if seriously interested in pursuing, you may want to try contacting the seller directly (PM or email). Some people do not pay active attention to old public discussion threads but do get notifications if there is a new PM or can receive an email.