D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Classifieds > Cars for sale

Old 11-10-2020, 07:29 PM

Vehicle: 1986 Volvo 745 TD
Default Blue 244 Diesel

Somebody's new baby...
First listed as a 1994.
I seriously doubt the owners have all the necessary patience (or even the experience Or/and tools) to keep it on the road. Or maybe elderly folks.

Hopefully will be saved by someone here. I'm sure they gave up on it and now it may be a best offer situation.

1984 244 with a nice front all intact. Diesel. Also it looks like the paint will buff out just great. It seems to be a manual but hard to tell based on the cluttered picts. I think I can see a standard shifter.

Someone in the area should go see it before another Diesel Volvo gets crushed due to some leaky pump that resulted air in then a dead starter. Who knows what is going on? Timing is probably tinkered with if they touched/moved the pump.
They probably killed glowplugs by the Mthrfcking stupid starterfluid.
People, stop using it on these cars pls!! Fix the F. starting issues...dont spray that crap in these diesel vw engines. A top quality, proper, BOSCH GLOWPLUG IS $5-$7.
PART NUMBER #80010

In one of the listings they call the problem annoying and were mentioning that they gave up on it already.

They tried asking $1500 then less but by now they perhaps take much less or anything for it. ""Still registered, paperwork available. Selling for parts or as a whole best offer. Must be towed out."" This means they are unable to start it (without glowplugs )

"Winter is coming"
Here's the link and I also cut out some screenshots in case link gets lost. Located in Sterling, CT, USA
LISTING IS NOT MINE!!!
I DONT KNOW THE OWNER!!!

HERE'S WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT THE CAR:

1994 VOLVO 244DL
$1,500
Sterling, CT · over a week ago
Still registered, good interior, needs tow, best offer takes it. Needs a starter for sure. Something else just broke and my uncle is just done with it. I just hate to see it get squished into a little box. Such a beautiful car just needs some love.
Edit:changed the price after talking to a few people.Still registered, paperwork available. Selling for parts or as a whole best offer. Must be towed out.

link 1
https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/i...Anull%7D%22%7D
link2
https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/i...Anull%7D%22%7D

IM SURE THEY WILL GET RID OF IT SOON.
If you are considering buying and you are in the area of NY State, I could set up a meet there wuth you to help for free, inspecting and/or getting it running (!) so you could drive it home.
Also, I own two complete spare engines and lots of extra diesel parts for the same year same car same engine; and will sell them both to you for cheap, should you need any parts in the future. I own the sets of diesel-specific tools the oldschool dealerships used to (know how to) use when this engine needed a fix. They are a must, BTW, esp for major work such as belts, timing, valves, injection pump etc. I can help with this purchase if you like this car and hesitating. But again: IDK the owner and idk anything about the price. Lowball it bigtime... bc it seems like they are sending it to get crushed.

What a waste! It has a beautiful front end too. Oh. I have a starter we can add on it and work to get it driveable before it gets too late.

CAR IS NOT MINE. CONTACT OWNER VIA THE LINK.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture+_2020-11-10-23-12-43.jpg (14.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20201110-230840.jpg (34.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20201110-230903.jpg (37.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20201110-230804.jpg (9.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20201110-231146.jpg (32.8 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by RedArrow; 11-10-2020 at 09:28 PM.
Old 01-15-2021, 06:00 AM

Vehicle: 1986 Volvo 745 TD

Hopefully the new owner will find this website.
Old 05-08-2021, 06:12 PM

Hi, is this still available?