D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Technical Discussion Area > Diesel Engine and Drivetrain
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2010, 02:07 PM

I did my swap into a 1992 700 series wagon. I too was faced with what to do with all the wires. Most of them I tie wrapped in place after insulating them. The ECU is still in place. I never really looked for it. I used the radio suppression relay for power to the IP solenoids and hooked up the oil and temp senders using the original harness.
All except 1 of the red battery cables I hooked back up again in order to make the ABS, air conditioning work etc. I did cut off the fuel injection cables but thats about all.
Everything works except the tach and I have just bought a Dakota Diesel adaptor to make that work from the "W" terminal on the alternator.
I also still have to fix up the electric cooling fan. I need a temp switch as my radiator does not have a place for one. I'm using the mechanical fan and shroud at present but I plan to replace them by taking the shaft out of the alternator bracket, leaving room for the electric fan between the engine and the radiator.
Sorry I know little about 200 series cars but there is quite a lot in common between them so some of this might be helpful.

Steve