D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Technical Discussion Area > Diesel Engine and Drivetrain
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2021, 12:54 AM

Vehicle: 940 d24tic

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8volvo View Post
Oh BTW, in your second picture, the large rectangular relay very close to the EGR control solenoids is your glow plug relay. The one with "VOLVO" and "80A" and "12V" labeling on it.

Don't disconnect or remove that one, or the engine will no longer start. Only the stuff above it, if you choose to.
The last car i am comparing it to is our v70 d5 so its got alot to live up to haha

I am a petrol man through and through but chose a diesel as its mpg is justified.

If i am honest i really need to test the car and see how she is boosting. It does not feel like the turbo kicks in at times and i suspect its mostly just the power curve that helps it pick up. Like i said testing definitely needed over speculation ey.

Is it worth blanking off the egr also? If so how do i do it.

If it is boosting right could i do anything at all to liven it up without pushing it? My Lovely lady calls it dangerously slow and misses the d5. I feel it's guttless at certain points too. Certainly does not keep up with modern traffic well.

I wanted it to have a bit more oophh as compared to the old 325tds i had it feels wofully slow.

I think with a good suspension set up and bushes it willl be a lovely fun car to drive

Thanks
Again
Mick