View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 02:11 PM

Vehicle: 85 745, 84Suburban 96Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdturbo View Post
I am guessing the cold start device isn't working. So does it fail in the advanced or retarded position?
advanced, idle rests against the ball stud on the cold start arm--- At least until someone moves it to alleviate 1500 RPM idle.

I am getting mechanical full throttle It may look like you are, but if the pump has been tampered with, and the arm is on the wrong spline, bets are off. does it drop right to idle when you let off? If not, good chance of 1spline off. but I don't think im getting the fuel I am asking for, the pump does nothing after half throttle. I get no smoke, see no boost at all until about 3k, boost goes for 5 to 10 psi by 5k.Def not right. No real noticeable power along with that boost (5000lb truck so im not sure what to expect). maybe 26s?:lol: I am thinking I may need a lift pump since the tank is now a couple feet lower than it would be in the volvo. It should still work, esp. at the low end, but the Landy bits might be hampering things? Did the car sit a long time? Sometimes the vanes in the lift pump stick after a sit and it performs poorly.
TBH, I would put a fuelcan on the roof, and go for a drive.

What are "gtd" nozzles? Bosch DN0 SD 274The injector is leaking at the base, I will replace the gasket when i do the injector rebuild. I need a source for a valve cover gasket, nozzles, shims, and lower injector seals.
I suggest the rubber reusable gasket like Goetze http://www.autopartsway.com/Part.cfm...FQjZQgodR2YACA although Rock Auto has cork ones for $5 on closeout. any shop working on vw diesels will have the seal washers, and any tractor or injection shop will have shims.

Other thoughts, does the turbo spin OK, and is the spacship on top of the pump getting signal from the intake manifold?