View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 08:37 AM

The title says 1983, but it could be a late year model that would be considered a 1984, I am not sure. I used to have a 1982 240 wagon with the NA D24 and M46, I think this is what made me want to avoid the M46. Gears 1 through 4 worked great. But the Electronic OD was flakey. I would rather have a regular 5-speed. I am not that familiar with the M47, I just knew it was simaller to the M46 and had a 'real' 5th gear.

I have nothing against the ZF 4HP22, I just favor a manual transmission over an automatic in general. I bought the car with 245K miles on it, and the transmssion seems to work great - fluid looks like new still. I have a spare D24T also coupled to a ZF 4HP22, with only 100K miles on them. My plan was to build up this engine and trans to swap into the car. I mainly just wanted to put a NA intake manifold on it, intercooler and possibly a better turbo.

Are there any shift kits for the 4HP22 out there? Maybe it would be easier to go that route instead?

Is that a M46 in the picture? It's hard to tell but I think I see the Electronic OD solenoid?

Thanks for the help,

Spenser