View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
You may also think about keeping the throttle down around less than half. Putting all the way to the floor dumps in alot of fuel and can make it hard to start. It can get sort of flooded in a way.

Did you ever try out that BG compression restore stuff?

Jason
I couldn't find anyone willing to sell BG 109 to me (it's apparently not available to the general public?) so I was going to take my car to an oil change place that carried it and get their "deluxe oil service" when my oil was due.

So I just got back from the car. Still won't start. I let the glow plugs cycle through several times before cranking and still got nothing. I undid the front three glow plugs and put some oil in (about 1/8 the length of a drinking straw, to play it safe). It sounded like it was trying to start, but it gave up after a few seconds.

Not sure what I'm going to do. I was able to round up a couple guys to help put the car straight in the parking space, but I'll likely need to leave it over night (the garage attendants leave in 30 minutes, so I don't think AAA will be able to get here in time). I'll try starting it again with the pedal at less than half throttle.