View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 12:33 PM

Default Car won't start...AGAIN!

So I pull into the parking garage at my office and it's pretty packed. I'm looking for a spot and I see one so I start pulling into it. As I'm pulling in, I see another car pulling out of a spot that's closer to the elevator. I throw it in reverse, start to back out and the car stalls. I stalled it yesterday too (thought I was in 1st gear but was actually in 3rd...I had a long day), but was able to get it started again. Today however, it just kept cranking and wouldn't fire up. I had my foot mashed on the accelerator like normal and would let it turn over for 10-15 seconds each time. I finally had to push it into the spot as best as I could and almost hit the concrete pillar in front of me. It's now parked crooked as hell and I'm worried it's going to get towed by the parking nazis. My office friends aren't here today, so I have no one I feel comfortable asking to help push the car. /end rant

So anyway, what was strange to me was that the glow plug light wouldn't come on. I had only driven for about ten minutes on the highway, so maybe the engine wasn't warm enough to start without glow plugs? I have some 40-wt. oil and the tools necessary to take out the glow plugs, so hopefully with some oil in the cylinders, and assuming the glow plugs work later, I can get it to start. Anyone have other suggestions?