View Single Post
Old 04-20-2022, 12:54 PM

Vehicle: Volvo 240

I guess the seat is supposed to be curved in a way but this one had missing metal on it compared to the others. I obtained a used head and gave it to a machine shop to check that it's good.

The new head has the same issue with the injectors but I soaked it with rust remover and heated the injectors and got them off without breaking anything. I made sure to twist the injectors in a way which puts the force against the thick part of the head. The machine shop owner told me he can check the injector surfaces for me and correct them if they are wrong.

I actually ended buying another diesel beater so I'm not in such a hurry to get the Volvo fixed.

I would post pictures of the head damage but I am not sure what image url means.

Incase anyone reads this in the future and has the same problem.

Soak it with something like WD40 or rust off. I have heard that oil and brake fluid work with the ladder being very effective but haven't tried it.

I also recommend heating the thread part which might help it come loose. I didn't heat mine above 300 F.

The most important part is to direct the force away from the weak side of the thread like the previous answers state to avoid cracking the head.

Smacking the lever with my hand got the injector to loosen up and then I turned it back and got it out in under 30 minutes.

You don't want to try and hurry with the removal if you want to avoid a big amount of time and money down the drain.