View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 10:42 PM

Vehicle: 85 745, 84Suburban 96Ram

Yeah...though the stop is adjustable too...I'm kind of thinking the stop position isn't real important as long as you time the IP after messing with it...but is this a place we can tamper to gain a little bit of total advance range? Something for another discussion.

I don't know why my pics took a day or two to show up in photobucket, but they are here, so....
this one is engaged, in the cold position, and some n00b has backed the throttle bump all the way off to compensate, so I'll assume it isn't working. But the advance arm is where it ought to be on a cold start.

putting my thumb against the idle ball and forefinger on the throttle spool bracket, I can pus it forward enough to pull the disengaement block away form the pump, rotate the slot thing 90*, and let the block fall into it....and reverse. twisting the able away from the pump is easier than trying to do a straight pull.

Disengaged, and you can see a little ring where someone has tampered with the stop setting. Maybe the stop is to keep the lever return spring from putting wear on the roller ring connection? I don't know much about this pump, it was on a car I had when the previous owner got it, he said it ran but leaked(as did the one he'd replaced it with).

I'd add a pic of one in the warm position, but none of mine go there.