View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 12:32 AM

Vehicle: 940 d24tic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngoma View Post
Now let's don't overlook the questions v8volvo asked. Please answer. They are not joking around, but to help assemble clues to eventually leading us to the actual problem area. Unless you want to sit around benchracing talking about 3" exhaust all day.

The camshaft pulleys are not keyed, allowing the camshaft to be clocked to infinite positions.

My goodness this engine is quirky, my Dad a mecanic of decades was speechless when I told him it's a morse taper pulley haha. A rant about german engineering followed

Yes agreed exhaust is way way down there priority wise. Never heard of bencracing before, sounds cheaper.

And the car behaviour wise.

Cold starts- Fires excellent once plugs warmed, Sometimes not a drop of smoke sometimes a bit on first start thats white/ blue which clears in 10 seconds maybe

It is not burning huge amounts as the dipstick has not moved in hundreds of miles so far.

I've been told it puts out just a little blue smoke at acceleration at times. When i left my friends drive he said it puffed just a smige on each gearchange/ throttle press as i pulled off slow. I went through 1st and 2nd very slow for what he saw

The main body of it seems good mechanically thankfully and its very likely the timing is out i bet knowing how they are set up now.

It did one unusual thing today. It only warmed up 30-40% on the gauge today after my commute so thermostat despite been done jn 2018 is another job whilst belts etc are done.

My apologies if i miss some questions, i am replying on a mobile mostly at work and typing is fun

Last edited by ukvolvo; 02-25-2021 at 12:35 AM.