View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 04:13 PM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764

I have a couple of sets for 740 ZF but that would probably be wrong in every way for your 240 with a BW.

From RedArrow's post above it sounded like he had a set of cooler lines. Might be tricky/expensive to ship cross country without damage though, as they are long (5-6' I think) and easily bent so would have to be packed carefully.

Maybe your easiest solution would be to figure out what ends you need on the lines and then have a hydraulics shop make up new lines from scratch just using oil and temperature rated reinforced hose? These don't see hardly any pressure so it wouldn't need to be hydraulic hose, just a cheap bulk hose would work fine. You could probably even clamp it onto barbs.

If it were me I would probably go about it that way rather than going in circles trying to find a set of OE pipes. But maybe you'll find a set and a way to get it to you.

Another option would be to try to figure out whether gasoline 240 BW55 cooler pipes are the same as for the diesel, or close enough to fit with minor modification. Diesels of every type of course are hard to find, but there are still plenty of 76-82ish gasoline 240s around and in junkyards. Those early year models used BW55 like the diesels.

Glad to hear its getting close to the road!