View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 11:01 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blix99 View Post
I had intended to change the WP and timing belt and check timing, so this time wasn't wasted.
That is important to keep in mind, great job you did there.

Some of us have a tendency to over complicate things. It can be quite a struggle to keep it simple. At this point, I see really only two main possibilities:

1. As stated earlier, the temp gauge is reading incorrectly. This is not as remote a possibility as is commonly believed. You can either substitute another sensor/wiring/gauge (many use a mechanical version as in many ways they can be more accurate), or you can take readings with a non-contact thermometer to give you a good idea of what is actually happening. I gave you some suggestions where you could take readings back in post #8.
DO THIS FIRST. It involves the least amount of work and time and --sorry to say-- should have been done much sooner.

2. Radiator is obstructed. You indicated you tested the flow but what was the volume? I don't know what actual GPM flow should be but seems like it should easily flow the output from a garden hose on full blast. Doesn't need to be hot water to test the flow. Don't put full water supply pressure to it at first, to avoid bursting it if it is indeed obstructed. (example: put the garden hose end in the radiator inlet and stuff it with a rag. Slowly open the spigot to full and verify full flow is exiting the radiator outlet.)