View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 02:38 AM

Vehicle: 740 GL - 120.000 km :)
Default My Volvo 740 D24T *renamed*

Hi everybody

Thanks for activation in the Forum - I will introduce myyself later in another Thread !.
Iīm from Austria (Europe),so excuse my bad english -, had bought my second Volvo D24T- with 120.000 km on it.

(My first D24T was killed by the Timing belt- OK the engine had 645.000 kmīs on it

I do Standard Maintenance when i get the car (past 4 weeks): Waterpump, Timing belts, other Belts, Heater Control Valve, New Thermostat, Changed all fluids
(Rear Axle, M46 Transmission, Engine Oil and so on...)
Timed the Injection Pump, Replaced Cold Start device (I was working for Bosch ...)

My skills are Advanced (I can rebuild an engine...)

Now my Problem: We have Winter: And my Volvo wonīt give me Warm/HOT air...

Fluid levels are Correct, Head Gasket is OK (No Pressure, Leakdown was OK)

EXACT THE SAME PROBLEM HAD MY FIRST D24T .

Engine warms up normally and quick, Thermostat is OK (New)

The Pipe which goes from the Back of Cylinder Head- To the Heater Control Valve- is hand warm !.
(It seems the engine does NOT Provide enough HOT water to the Heater control Valve...- its only hand-warm - not HOT.
The Return hose (Upper one) has the same temperature as the inlet... Hand warm. lol

Is here anyone, who is cold too, while driving ? :-)

I Had replaced Thermostat many times on my other Volvo... (So i can say: THERMOSTAT IS OK !)

What i dont understand is, WHY doesnīt came Warm/Hot Water from the engine to the Heater Control Valve...
I Have the STANDARD HEATING SYSTEM- No Climate unit, no vacuum Pipes.- the simplest one

I also flushed the Heater matrix with vinegar... Seems there is nothing blocking the water flow.

Control Cables and Heater Control Valve (Is opening ) are Okay !

I do it many Times - Bleeding the Coolant System, but still same issue

When the engine is Cold - In the morning, and i remove the Heater Hoses , there is no Water.... (?!?!?!?!?!?!?!)
I Dont loose any Coolant !.

Thanks for any Tips in Advance.
Greetings.

I searched the last 14 days the Internet, if anyone had the same issues... - Found no matching results...
It cant be possible, that i am the only one, with 2 Cars, with the same Problem !

Last edited by sonny; 03-22-2015 at 04:34 AM.