View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 08:06 AM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764

You may want to refer to this thread from a few years ago in which forum member Nevadan provides a detailed review and photos of the various replacement clutch options (at least the ones that were available at that time). https://www.d24t.com/showthread.php?p=6868

I also just made that thread a sticky now, since after reading it again, it contains quite a bit of useful info in one place.

To summarize, the K70029-03 kit is correct, or at least the closest thing to correct that is available. For a long time the diesel clutch kits have been coming with the wrong *pilot* bearing, but with correct parts otherwise. IIRC the release bearing is the same for gas and diesel so I don't know what could have been wrong with that in the kit you got?

IIRC we have had success installing the friction disc and pressure plate from this kit, along with a new pilot bearing sourced separately. Those can be found under their INA number, which I think is mentioned in that thread. The pilot bearing is an Audi part, not Volvo.

As for the flywheel, did you mean the pressure plate? I would be surprised if that kit came with a flywheel, since they typically don't. But if you need to source a correct D24/T flywheel, I have several good used ones and I would imagine Anders has some too?

Finally, there is always the option of taking your old used stock parts and sending them out to be rebuilt and/or fortified, rather than replacing them with new. Could be an option if getting replacement parts proves difficult. South Bend Clutch is a well known provider of this service and for good outcomes.