View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 10:53 PM

Vehicle: VW LT
Question VE refurbished injection pump cold start device saga 🧐

Hi forum, I am in the process of rebuilding a D24TIC engine (my first time) and I bought this refurbished pump off of eBay from what I would think is a reputable seller (6k feedbacks and 100% positive rate).

The pump looks mint, but when I came to the part in the Volvo manual where I have to disconnect the cold start device, I noticed this came already in the disconnected position - despite being under tension. The CSD lever cannot be moved in either direction even when applying a lot of force.

As an extra bit of info (maybe irrelevant), the ball stud on the CSD lever does not touch the downward tab of the throttle arm, so I assume the cold start device is currently in the "warm" position.

Please check this video to understand what I mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrSQ86VkxbQ

And here the illustration in the Volvo manual as part of timing the pump:

I contacted the seller (the name is turbo_lv on eBay) and they insist the pump is assembled correctly.

Did anyone else buy one of these and ran into the same issue? Or am I missing something? Very thankful for any tip (or confirmation that this is indeed not right)

Last edited by coconup; 08-03-2022 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Adding ebay link