View Single Post
Old 06-07-2022, 06:26 AM

Vehicle: 84 764 TD, 84 Jetta TD racecar

Hey Jason - I guess the WI cars are waiting for you.

I've got a 1984 764 in black with tan interior and a manual transmission. I've owned the car since 1998. I call it POGO (due to the blown nivomats when I acquired it). Some rust on the hood, trunk, and various places. Paint is tired. Lots of mods.

-M47 transmission
-custom stainless exhaust with side exit, passenger side just ahead of the rear wheel
-Full set of seats from the 780 Bertone coupe. Really nice seats (power in front). Hole on driver's side outer lumbar
-Converted to Bilstein HD rear shocks
-Large air-water intercooler located where the air box would be. Bit of a hack job getting the front mount heat exchanger in. Never got past the prototype phase of install, but it's fully plumbed and operating.
-Currently sitting on 17" Titan rims from an 850R with 1" adapters to correct the offset. Older tires in the rear, nearly unused but a few years old tires on the front
-D24 intake manifold
Car has the cowl snow shield, and a totally 80s aftermarket rear window louvers for that baller look. Has a tow hitch.
I've got a set of later 760 tails I meant to install, I've got a black dashboard and center console that I was going to put it to replace the cracked tan dash. I've got three spare D24T engines in various states of disassembly that I was going to rebuild. I'm sure I can find the M46 transmission that came out. I've got a spare hood, fenders in white. Lots of various trim bits including early 760 mirrors and dash vents.

The car gets started and moved occasionally but hasn't seen road duty in a few years. I love the car, but my diesel hankerings are answered with my BMW 335d and my angular 80s turbo dreams are focused on my Maserati Biturbo. I figured I'd eventually post the car for sale on this for, but I've been reluctant to do so.

Let me know if you're interested, I can send pics. Car is in Milton, WI.

Jason