View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 02:17 PM

Vehicle: 03 vw tdi, 98 vw tdi x 2, 99 isuzu npr, 3x03 disco, 89 , 95 range rover.
Default Potential positive results.

I have an 84 Volvo 760 2.4t non egr. Junkyard pull. I rebuild the pump and replaced nozzles pop tested etc. timing ok however there was a blue black haze at idle and at temp. Here's what I did last chance before a rering and bearing change.
1. Removed injectors and filled cylinders with Berryman carb cleaner 0996. Filled each cyl 4-6oz each. Left overnight. Drained oil and replaced filter with full synthetic oil. Berryman came out of drain plug with the oil.sprayed a can of brake cleaner into the drain plug hole and let drain.
2. Sprayed brake cleaner liberally into each cylinder 2 cans .disconnected glow plugs and spun engine over blowing crap and material from the bores.
3.installed new heat shields and injectors. Bled and started. Went for hard road test 30 mins.

Result. Smoke has definitely reduced at idle. So maybe the long soak overnight freed up the oil control rings and or piston rings. Dipstick blow by is reduced and the crankcase oil was clean after the 30min run. I'll keep posting results.
Maybe it'll save having to tear down the engine