View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 07:51 AM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764

If you just want the plastic fan, you can get them new OE for a cheap price. Probably best to just go that route rather than try to source a used one made of aged plastic.

RockAuto has them for about $30: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...288379&jsn=380

Probably can find them elsewhere also, Amazon etc.

Out of curiosity, what kind of oil temperature readings do you see in regular driving on the gauge you have installed in your other D24 car? I would not think the naturally aspirated engines would ever manage to get the oil particularly warm, no turbocharger or piston oil squirters to pull heat into the oil like on the turbo motors. Not to say that having the gauge would not be a good thing -- more temperature information on the dash is always a good thing, and it would be neat to be able to observe it -- but I would just be surprised if a D24 could ever get oil temps close enough to the danger zone to need to watch it closely. I would guess by the time the oil got up there the coolant would have to already be way too hot, or gone. Interested to hear your observations though.