View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 08:10 PM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764

Glad to sell you whatever pieces I have that would help. As I said many of them are worn and I am almost certain that I do not have enough to put together a complete setup, but it might be enough to help you.

Maybe best if you can tell me what pieces you are needing and I will try to find them. Shoot me a PM if that's easier.

One option that might be worth considering: you may be able to install all the control related pieces of the original Volvo cruise system (control unit, vacuum plumbing and switches, electrical parts etc) but adapt it to control the mechanical parts of the aftermarket cruise setup that you say is on the car now. The mechanical parts of the original Volvo system tend to wear out since they are the same design used on the gas cars and not reinforced to deal with the vibration of the diesel engine. They can be rebuilt with improved materials to last for a good lifespan, but if the mechanical parts of the aftermarket system are still on your car and seem workable, that might be another solution (and perhaps better in some ways than the Volvo parts).

But let me know if you can figure out what pieces you would need.