View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
How does it run once its hot?

Jason
It runs pretty good, I would say (at least as good as it ever has since I've had it). One thing though that was a problem even before the car refused to start is inconsistent oil pressure. It started after I changed the oil for the first time. I had consulted the manual before going to the auto parts store and remembered that it said 7.4 qts or something like that. I bought two 1-gallon jugs of 15w-40 Delvac and ended up using it all (I wasn't paying attention while I was pouring). I figured it'd be ok and just ran it. Immediately, I notice that my oil pressure is high. Usually the gauge reads around 2 bar at idle, but this time it was close to 4! When I gave it throttle, the needle would go past 5 bar and stick even after I was off the gas. It would then gradually lower itself back down to around 4 bar. But then sometimes I would be driving and the pressure would drop down to 2 bar at idle. The problem remains, and just today it got as high as 5 bar at idle. I had honestly forgotten about this little detail until I drove it this morning.