View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 01:50 AM

Vehicle: 85 745, 84Suburban 96Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
New Process is an american company, based in Syracuse, New York. It's my transfer-box for the 4WD. They're used in Chevy Blazer, Jeep Cherokee, Hummer and many more. It's a simple prop-shaft driven, cable controlled transfer-box designed for lazy V8 auto-box drivetrains.
LOL yes, they are in everything, I probably have almost a dozen of their cases. Building an NP271 for my Dodge now, it's monstrous the slip yoke I have to eliminate (by using some Ford parts) is as big as my wrist.

So they're actually common as muck .. There's a few VW specific parts, like the input-flange. But my plan is actually to upgrade to the Cherokee T-box, as I'll get another 4WD mode (4-high unlocked) then. Right now I've only got RWD, 4WD-high locked, 4WD-low locked.
It was this input flange I was really wondering about, as I haven't ever seen any of the chain drive cases installed divorced from rather than mated the transmission. Should make it super easy to add a doubler box if you wanted.

So the transmission in my bus is the standard RWD VW LT tranny with the NP t-case in conjunction to archieve 4WD.

/M
I'm a stupid American, don't know what tranny an LT came with, but always interested to know more thins that hook to a D24. Do you know if the clutch is the same? I cold see the truck having some better stuff.