View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 07:41 PM

Vehicle: 245 4 speed d24
Smile New member, new car 83 245 GL with d24 4 speed manual

I’m the new owner of a 83 245 GL d24 4speed manual with overdrive. New to these cars in particular but also have an 83 G10 with a 6.2TD hx40 with a 4L80e. I love this car, second owner and can’t get it running, so far new battery, fuel filter change, and added sea foam and atf to fuel in tank. I added a inline Electric fuel pump prior to injection pump to assist in fuel pressure. Cranks and smokes, glow plug relay works 12volts to glow plugs and light functions, just cranks and smokes. The timing marks appear to be on the mark, and sounds good while cranking. I’m guessing my valve shims are out of adjustment because of the slight wear on the cams I see and have yet to do the compression test until testing valve shin clearance. Still looking for the valve shim lock out tool. Also sourcing an engine is not easy as it seems, being in Northern California. Anyways thanks for reading I’ll add some pics and hope to get it running soon any suggestions or help is much appreciated and look forward to meeting you guys soon!