View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 08:16 AM

Vehicle: 1981 GL 245

thanks again everyone for taking interest in my sick N/A D24

I really appreciate your recomendations about how to take steps in the most clear way possible
The enhanced photo is perfect!

To answer your questions Red Arrow, I never noticed excessive blowby while taking off the cap. I never tried that dipstick removal idea.

So, I'm putting away the pan gasket lead.
Now I was thinking.

- when I put pack the metal stick that sticks to the VC gasket, It could not stick right off, one of them was well bent . Would it possible that its distortion may be the cause of the failure from gasket?

- I completly forgot to tell you about what happened two weeks before I realised that something went wrong : the oil indicator was flickering, but in a very strange way - just when I was on low gear + when I would take a corner "aggresively", and I thought it could not indicate a serious oil problem.

And now i can tell you that the oil does'nt leak when the motor remains idle. Last time I put the car on the jack stands, and it started to flow when i started to give it more revs...

would it be an oil pressure problem..?

But for now, I will listen to your avices and start an advanced cleaning!

edit : V8volvo, Sorry in advance because it will sound stupid, but the word "stud" is unclear to me in the mechanical vocabulary. I am not so sure to what you are referring to.

Last edited by dahicori; 07-19-2020 at 08:23 AM.