Thread: For sale in uk:
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 04:45 AM

Default For sale in uk:

Silver 1991(J) 940 TD 167,000 miles Tax Aug MOT June - Located in Gloucestershire

I really don't want to have to sell this vehicle as I love it dearly but the list of items needing attention has exceeded my financial and technical means. The car would be ideal for someone with a workshop who wanted a project or as a donor vehicle.

The good bits:

MLS head-gasket, 6 off Monark 293 nozzles, 6 off glow plugs fitted at 140,000.
New brakes all round. Front discs, pads, one caliper and all pins renewed 12 months ago. Rear disc/drums, shoes and pads renewed 3 months ago.
Exhaust system replaced in its entirety 6 months ago.
Steering rack, track rod ends and lower balljoints replaced 6 months ago.
All electrical systems function perfectly incl. dash, windows, mirrors, central locking, heated seats etc.
Chassis is free from rust apart from the hole mentioned below.
M46 in reasonable shape and OD working fine.

The bad bits:

It's a bit tatty in places - I'll post some pics over the next few days.
Windscreen is cracked - needs replacement.
Small rust hole in nearside front suspension turret. Nothing making it difficult to weld - quoted £60.
Injection pump has leaking shaft seal. Started out by just losing prime when turned off. Very recently started dripping a bit of diesel out when stopped too. Runs fine once started (I'm still using the car to get to work!) but I suspect it will only be a matter of time before it starts to draw air and run badly. Pump will need pulling and overhauling.
Timing belts were done at 111,000 and so will need doing fairly soon.
Rear springs are a bit saggy but this doesn't really affect the operation of the vehicle.
Needs two new tyres, 195/65/15.

I would accept offers in the region of £300.

I'm really just seeing what interest there might be out there at the moment as I feel it would be a real waste of a potentially excellent vehicle to scrap it.

Boots.

Last edited by Boots; 05-11-2013 at 02:18 AM.