View Single Post
Old 04-14-2022, 12:51 AM

Vehicle: 940 TD hopefully soon...

Hi Nguma, apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Just a hobbyist really, but have help from my father, who owned a garage for 30 odd years - rather useful for a first TB on a new engine to me. He has a D24 too, so has done multiple. I've done a couple on my D5252T (2.5 TDI 5 cylinder V70), but never on the D24. No special tools, all done manually, admittedly IP was not properly timed, as whilst I had access to a dial gauge, I did not have access to an adaptor. Timing was set on the advanced end of the scale as I will be pulling power from the engine.

Yep, I found it, it appears to just be stuck, there isn't corrosion but there is 275k of grime. I'll try penetrating oils and a little smack, I just definitely don't want to risk damaging the threads. Tried adapting the sandwich plate which touches the screw, which worked but didn't give that much movement. For now I turned the fuel back down, and have a 600rpm idle, which sounds so great!

Double nut does sound like the best way, there are definitely enough threads for it, however I can see getting spanners on being a challenge...if I'm able to get them to line up just right, I think a deep 10 may be able to go over both and move it. I shall give them all a try, thank you!