View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 08:21 PM

Vehicle: 1986 Volvo 745 TD
Default d24 pump needs a part

Excuse me for cluttering up your nice `pump-thread`. While looking at your picts I was wondering how nice it would be to put one of them into good use as a vw injector pop-tester but then I realized they are good pumps with a price-tag,LOL. No adapters would be needed, straight plug&play when d24 (or Rabbit?) hard line connected...

Looks like I cant find the freaking source online where I could buy/order the banjo fitting that is located at the OUT bolt on the inj pump (D24 `84 non-turbo)

It is a `dual` nipple it needs, I believe. I do have the OUT bolt itself and both copper washers.
The bolt measures 12mm diameter and it has that small hole on it plus a `miniature filter` inside which I must clean too.

Idk if it matters, but... (these Bosch VE pumps probably all use the same out-bolts...) this pump that i have the banjo missing from, looks to be an automatic car`s pump, it has the shutoff lever that i didn`t see on manual cars.

If you could sell me one that would be cool but a website link is also appreciated. I could Pm you with my address if mailing it isn`t a problem. Thank you

Something like this one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130211483659...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
BUT it should have a 2nd nipple at a 90 or 180 degree angle.
I would say one is for a 6mm ID hose; the other one is probably appr 4mm OD but not sure and the 740 isn`t near me to check.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg d231_12.JPG (22.4 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by RedArrow; 08-23-2015 at 08:42 PM.