View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 04:08 PM

Vehicle: 245

The valve shims are the same as on Lada Samara (or some other lada not sure), 31mm, easy to get ~1euro a piece, so that is good info.

I am quite scared of dirt getting into the pump just from removing the screw for the dial indicator! Im not sure how sensitive the system is from experience, but it looks to be VERY sensitive.

I made a dial indicator holder but its not as tight as i would like it to be so i will probs be re-making it. The pump blocking tool turned out nicely I will be making the cam block tool as well as the cam method looks to be the best (the one from the sticky)

The valve cover gasket is ordered so when it arrives i can handle that (the current one is non recyclable (also it is original! )

One of the hardlines is leaking btw, i thought it was from something else but no. Tightening doesn't help, so that's the next thing on the list.

Also VERY ANNOYING thing - the notch on the flywheel housing IS BROKEN - for the love of god how? so i have to approximate the position provided it is not bent. Currently thinking of other ways to easily find the TDC since this is not really reliable (i can locate the middle of the broken arrow but im not sure if its bent)

The essence is that the pump should be set 0.65-0.73mm when the engine is at the TDC? i will manage that one way or another.