View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 03:55 AM

Default 86 740 Turbo Diesel Wagon For Sale

I have a 1986 740 Turbo Diesel Wagon with 204k on it for sale, $2600, in Owego, NY (Near Ithaca and Binghamton).

It is not the prettiest but has no realy rust. Only rust is purely surface on t he drivers side door, it can be rubbed off with steel wool! It must have been a replacement door as the rest of the car is RUST FREE, underbody too! It was a South Carolina car until 2 years ago. The clear coat is in bad shape, the moonroof is a different shade of red and the hood is primer black. so not pretty but all around RUST FREE.

I have had it for 2 years, daily driver, still is. I converted it to run veggie oil and have run it this way for 2 years with out any trouble at all. I got 92 mpg of diesel on my last fill up, and that is just my commute to and from work drive, the number really jumps on road trips! I am going to partially unconvert it to reuse some parts in a new conversion, if anyone wants me to leave the hose and some other parts I will, or I can take it all out.

Any how, I could go on and on about this car but send me questions if you are interested, I have pics and can send them if you want them.
thanks
Steve