View Single Post
Old 09-12-2023, 09:43 AM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764

Nice. Glad to hear you're still at it. Autumn weather sounds ideal for getting outdoor work done.

Yes, grew up and lived for years in the Seattle area. Still have family/friends there and get back several times a year to visit. It's paradise for old Volvos (And old cars in general -- gentle climate with no extremes of heat or cold; used to be they didn't ever use salt on the roads either though that has unfortunately changed in recent years; just about the only thing that can ruin a car in the PNW is mildew if left to sit for a long time with any kind of interior water leak.) Still see many 2, 7, 9 series on the road used as daily drivers out there, and lots of shops and parts houses around to support them.

Anyway, thread distractions aside, hope progress continues for you! I took the cover off my '76 262 for the first time in months, to try to get it out of my garage and sold before winter hits here. Hopefully thereby make space for projects this winter, starting with replacing engine and trans in my 745. So I'm right there with ya on the revival process.