Thread: D24 or D24T
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2023, 10:44 AM

Vehicle: 1982 Volvo 240 GL

I read about all the possible leaks and I'm definitely going to remove the seats and pull up the carpet just to double check everything. Read that there are foam pads under the carpet that like to hold water as well. It has a sunroof and I'm 80% sure its because the drain is clogged for it but the crank handle gear is broken so waiting for that to come from Sweden lol. PO gave me the green bible and I guess I'll just go step by step to check everything before starting. I'm assuming the only tools I really need now is that dogleg 17mm wrench which I guess I could make from a normal cheap 17mm wrench by heating up and bending it? Also all the timing stuff (gauges and adapters) which I have been looking for on eBay and locally. Also the mold on the right side door panel looks a lot worse in that picture than it really is I already cleaned that up for the most part but I wanna go through and do a thorough cleaning to avoid further musty smell and damage. I just really hope there isn't serious rust under the carpets. The dark blue striped interior is a true beauty and deserves to be cleaned up and preserved. The exterior is rusting in a few spots but its only surface so that doesn't really need immediate attention. I'm falling in love with the car but its gonna take a lot of work to get it where I want it to be.