Thread: Volvo cruise...
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 11:11 AM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764

Sounds good, that spot by the Capitol sounds like a great place for a photo op!

Could we do a quick roll call to confirm that this date is still a good one for those who are involved so far, and check who is planning to come?

From the first post, it looks like we have:
Chad (chad1966)
Anders (anders)
George (v8volvo)
Ryan Reich via VWDiesel

Sounded like RollinCole was a maybe as well, depending on sorting out some problems -- any updates on that? Would be great to have you with us, since Chad and Anders are both in 240s and my 700 series is currently the lone representative... Any others?

Also, one thought: we originally planned our route to make it easily accessible if some members from Oregon were interested, but so far it looks like those of us who are planning to be involved are all coming from the Puget Sound area. If we don't end up getting any commitments from folks further south, perhaps we will want to consider rethinking our route again so that we don't have to slog back up I-5 from Longview for an hour at the end?

One idea for an option, if we do decide to stay further north: we could still meet up Olympia and start from there, as currently planned, and then could cruise out along scenic Hwy 101 up towards Port Townsend and have lunch there. From there we could either head back south, or explore more around the Olympic Peninsula, depending on timing and desires. Might make it a little easier and keep us off the major freeways, which I think could be more fun if it's possible. What do you all think about that, assuming our group continues to be coming from around here mostly?

Also, just an early heads-up, the date for the IPD Garage Sale has been announced and is May 16th -- we should keep that on the calendar too as another time to meet up!

Last edited by v8volvo; 04-13-2015 at 11:18 AM.