View Single Post
Old 04-21-2023, 08:37 AM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764

Well, of all the reasons to walk away from a fleet of old and well-loved vehicles, that is probably one of the better ones.

All the best in your next endeavors, sounds like an exciting new chapter. It will be interesting to hear how you like driving new vehicles, versus older, simpler machines.... I know for me, I'm happy enough in cars made up to about ~2005, but beyond that, when touch screen dashboards and whatnot really began to take hold and become ubiquitous (as well as backup alarms/cameras, blind spot and lane departure alarms, CVT transmissions, pushbutton start and transmission control, digital instrument clusters, fake engine noises through the interior speakers, etc, etc), they become hard for me to tolerate from behind the wheel, let alone contemplating the effort of keeping them on the road for the long term.

But the advantages may well outweigh the annoyances of course. And with the EV transition that is under way now, in some ways simplicity may be coming back.

Stop back in for a visit sometime in the future and let us know your impressions! Great to have had all of your participation in this group over the years.