View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 12:16 PM

Vehicle: VW LT1
Default More cooling and power in my LT

Thanks for your replies, I'll send Anders a PM so he can give his opinion.

The cooling is indeed at the top of the list, I have had problems with overheating with my current engine a number of times when climbing mountains.
I want to make the cooling perfect and have the following ideas;

- Other radiator with electric fan or new radiator, I have to figure this out even better

- A good intercooler with sufficient size, there is room for this.
- A good oil cooler, want to order the next; https://www.wilfrieds-tuning.de/inde...oelkuehler-kit
- Heat protection for turbo and exhaust.
- Replace all rubber hoses with silicone.
- Better temperature sensor
- Better water pump, any advice for this one?
- Better airfilter
- Meters to monitor.

I think it is indeed a good idea to protect these meters with an alarm! great idea.

Now I first want to prepare the engine and order all parts, the engine will be installed next winter so that we can still go on holiday by bus. I would like to replace the gaskets of the pump so that this does not have to be done later, that is why I also want to implement all improvements immediately.

I read that the tunerthat i mentioned earlier mainly adjusts the pump with original Bosch parts and adjusts the turbo with a regulator to more bar.

I don't know if this is the right translation and if anyone knows exactly what this means, this are the additions;

- Reinforced safety valve in the AT
- Conversion to LDA, diesel pump, turbo control

And this is mentioned about the results (which I also like);

The torque increase is approx. 50-70 Nm. The turbo lag is reduced by approx. 200-300 rpm. The filling pressure is increased from 0.7 bar to 0.9 bar.

There are a number of projects with the LTs on its facebook; https://www.facebook.com/pages/categ...2255760700546/

Last edited by Arnow; 06-14-2021 at 12:46 PM.