View Single Post
Old 09-17-2022, 10:41 PM

Vehicle: 1990 Volvo 940 TD & 1989 Volvo 760 TD

Do you know what type of shocks are fitted to your rear end? I don't know if you know about the Nivomant self leveling ones? (I'll attach a picture of what they look like) Extremely expensive to replace and no longer available in most cases which is most un-helpful. I still have them on mine but I have replaced them in the past from breakers yards. It is however easy enough to retro fit standard shocks but the springs have to be swapped out as well, due to the Nivomant springs being softer than normal ones. With any luck if yours ever had them the previous owner already saved you the hassle. If you do have Nivos I would put it through the MOT and see what happens the bounce test doesn't really work for them as they work slightly differently to normal shocks.

As for the Turbo I'm not really a turbo expert but I'm sure a couple of the other lads on here would help if you needed it.

Also once you get your green book it'll tell you the pump adjustments so if it doesn't pass emissions in the MOT you can tune it so it will.
My name's Tristan BTW
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20220206-WA0000.jpg (7.7 KB, 3 views)