View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 02:22 AM

Vehicle: 740 GLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedArrow View Post
Nice find! Those were amazing looking cars, especially in the late eighties of Europe!!! And quite often they were just that color, sometimes the darker silver or maybe white or more rarely dark maroon red. Nice to have the dash blue too! Some rare examples had green dash in Europe, I`ve seen it once only.
Cheers buddy, never seen any green dash neither! Interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedArrow View Post
Whoever painted the tailgate though was probably not a volvo person I was curious to see how much lower the emblems should go so I googled `polar volvo` and this link came up: a link where I see 4+ diesel volvos offered and one of them seems in French, is it in France? (3 red ones and a blue one, in the `similar vehicles` section below the one listed for sale. Interesting to see diesels offered..I usually do that out of curiosity to check on the odometer/mileage.
I thought they were super rare there (and in germany, switzerland etc) bc the diesels are chased out due to fuel emmission requirements of the EU.

https://www.reezocar.com/en/occasion...L28615572.html

Is it relatively expensive to register that car where you live? How much actually?

The French blue $600 car has 650000kms. That`s not bad.
What do you mean by the tailgate? It's the regular paint too. Therefore the car came with window film tint on the both rear back seat windows, back windows as well as the tailgate. Which is all in all pretty useful.

The link you're displaying shows a green french volvo, not a blue one. Plus they're only 940. That's an other reason why I'm suspicious about that "740 Polar Pack" as it doesn't seem to appear anywhere.

Finally, France used to be massively diesel friendly. Things changed and while there is less and less brand new diesel cars, a huge amount of them are still available on the second-hand market. Then, in France, emission taxes' applies on new vehicle, thus you don't pay them on a second-hand car. It costs me 360€ (426$) to register.