View Single Post
Old 01-08-2022, 09:00 AM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764

Before giving a reply I will state a couple of caveats -- personally I have limited experience of the 240 series and also your Finland market cars could be different from our US spec models in terms of brakes and other details. Someone else may be able to add more info with better knowledge.

That said -- on the 700/900 series which I am more familiar with, ALL the caliper types use the locking pins to secure the brake pads (At least on the rears I think, maybe front too? can't remember at the moment). The ATE, Bendix, and Girling calipers are all similar basic design with only minor detail differences. So just because they use the locking pins doesn't necessarily mean they have to be Girling calipers. You need to look at other details and measurements to know for sure.

Do you have any of the Volvo green manuals for your car? The "greenbooks" as they are called here in US? Those may be extremely helpful to you. They will help you identify what type of brake calipers you have and would probably also assist with details about the wheel bearing sizes you asked about in another post.

Welcome to the board!