View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 07:41 PM

Vehicle: 1986 Volvo 745 TD
Default Tricky Bubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngoma View Post
Clean that area really well, then watch it. If there is some liquid down in there from whatever...bubbles there do not always indicate pressure leaking out.
Thanks NGoma, I noticed the bubbles thanks to some very very small stain-spots (engine oil?) on nearby dry parts that were a bit dusty too, so they showed a couple fresh `dots`on them.
When it comes to leaks, I`m OCD+paranoid, so I immediately searched for a while then tracked down those bubbles being at the base of first injector.
It did look like there was `boiling` going on. Nothing crazy, just 2-3 small bubbles visible. I should have taken a sample onto a paper towel but I was on a long trip and there were no wet injector lines involved (nor a hard fuel line being loose). By the time I got home...I forgot to re-check.

You are right, it can be some liquid `boiling`. Good point -- because recently I had to realize that my engine oil cap seal is not perfectly sealing. There`s no other liquids there, like coolant etc, car hasn`t been washed etc. I need to check another connection though, as i do have occassional atf dripping below the PS which could* `travel/fly` to inj when vibration&speed combine with winds. Also, minimal amount of motor oil finds its way down on the passenger side of the block; coming from the cap on top. I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngoma View Post
I listed the hardline torque value somewhere here in the past
I found what you wrote,thx.
You will want to perform the troubleshooting routine at idle where you loosen one-by-one the injector line nuts at the injectors and see if any do not lower or worsen the idle. This to find if there is a particular injector, line, valve, distribution valve, cylinder, etc. that is the problem. Do not over-tighten the injector line nuts when closing them up. 25Nm / 18ft-lbs.

What`s the best injector removal tool?One day it`ll be needed anyways so I searched this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/27mm-VW-Audi...196748&vxp=mtr

Last edited by RedArrow; 04-19-2015 at 07:52 PM.