View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 05:46 PM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: 760GLE D24T
Exclamation

Huge help man! Been off for a few days but here’s what’s been happening:

Swapped in a somewhat “good” cluster, but it was a 371,000 mile cluster and turns out the speedo was dead, and it had some short circuitry going on, so I plugged the original back in and hoped for the best. I originally thought an EGT gauge plugged in to the naked connector (I’m assuming for the gas application, four pin not used) was the culprit for shorting out the gauges in the dash, nonetheless, I have fully weighed it out, the same thing happened again after turning the heat on. Sounds like Tacoma speedometer will be my next move and have them inspect those diagrams you provided. A huge thanks for the brainstorming, I’ve been ripping my hair out over this one because they are two values I can’t live without being reliable. I think it’s been on the way out, though. The temperature gauge seems to peak on the high side at times with no real relation to the actual coolant temperature so think something is definitely overloaded. I’ll report back if I need a cluster, hold on to it! Hopefully I can swap the speedo...mine still has the nice 76,000 miles on it