View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 09:34 PM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: 760GLE D24T
Unhappy Engine Mounts, Misc. Questions/Seeking Advice

Hey guys,

Just curious as to how many of you have done engine mounts, my driver side appears to be totally blown out on my 84 760 D24T 4sp. From eyeballing, these engines should list to the passenger side ever so slightly. My engine sits level...and shakes like crazy on shutdown etc. So I bought an engine mount through IMC, and it didn't mention if it was a left or a right. Tasca seemed to have strange inventory, they had one set and the left side was discontinued, then another set but the right was discontinued. I'm assuming they're the same, mine has two bolts sticking out of opposite sides on either end of the hockey puck shaped part. Same or different?

Also, I play with my max fuel screw way too much. I want to get better power which I typically find after about 3/4 of a full rotation in the advance direction (right). I roll some serious coal at times but I like the way it drives in this condition. However, how do you mechanically adjust the idle? I keep playing with the throttle linkage but can't seem to figure out where to adjust it. Any ideas there? I'm idling around 900-1000rpm which seems high but makes 1st gear starts pretty damn easy!

Lastly...1984. The last year of biodegradable wiring. For some reason my passenger side front indicator keeps malfunctioning. The socket is ugly and when I tamper with the contact inside it functions normally then fails. Anywhere I can get the socket apart from pick n pull?

Thanks!