View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 01:45 PM

Vehicle: 1986 Volvo 745 TD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngoma View Post
Did you try this? (from your link):

"Note: If the system is filled too quickly, the fluid can be prone to retaining air. Once this occurs, it can take one to two days of normal driving before the air is released from the system."

two days driving would take me to Key West! nice )))) but driving a fish-tank without AC?!!!!! (=a 745)

but I know what they mean.

well, I`ll have no chance but to jack it up and help it out by a new test: redo it all by the same advice then do it again with engine running ... THEN wait and drive locally ``for two days``.

The magnet I found is still very sticky so I reused it but I was surprised that it wasn`t glued to any surface such as it is for example in the m46 bottom overdrive pan.
I thought of adding another, round, extremely strong magnet, one of those hematite looking halfmoon ones that one cant just grab off a fridge without prying.
I consider adding a filter into the line to see what it catches, I read an article that it works way better than flushing the system through. An inline filter caught a huge amount of stuff despite a flush being done earlier, for the guy who wrote that article about the small filter. He was surprised to see as much crap caught because he flushed twice. The old rack might appreciate this filter, IDK even if just temporarily for circa few hundred miles.

Last edited by RedArrow; 07-16-2020 at 08:17 PM.